Crown Reduction in Oklahoma: Helping Trees Experience a Long, Healthy Life
The certified, trained technicians at Vision Tree Service deliver quality results every time for our valued customers in Edmond and Arcadia. We accomplish this by utilizing cutting-edge equipment and techniques and a dedication to excellence in all that we do. Our company believes in using nothing short of the absolute best tree care practices, including correct crown reduction.
If you have an overly large tree on your property that you are unsure how to tackle, we’re here to help. Our crown reduction service focuses on reducing the height of a tree to ensure healthy future growth. At Vision Tree Service, we firmly believe that all arborists should follow correct pruning practices for crown reduction to ensure a tree’s proper health and development.
The Right Way and the Wrong Way Crown Reduction and Tree Topping
As a homeowner, it is vital that you know there are incorrect ways to reduce height. Unprofessional tree service companies may try to convince you to go with the easy solution of tree topping. This method is the harmful practice of removing whole tops of trees, leaving only stubs or lateral branches that cannot assume the role of terminal leader.
Tree topping, also known as hat-racking, heading, rounding over, and tipping, will ultimately require much more expense throughout the course of the tree’s life. The practice hurts trees in several ways.
- By removing an extensive portion of the tree’s leaves, you strip away its food source.
- Any remaining chopped-off limbs are more prone to decay, insect infestation, and disease, which further diminishes the supply of critical nutrients.
- New limbs forced to grow too quickly due to tree topping are often dangerous, as they are too weak to withstand storms and have lost the sturdy branches that protect them during their early growth.
Things to Know About Crown Reduction Service
Our view of tree topping versus crown reduction is simple: topping is never an acceptable pruning approach. Indiscriminately removing branches from the tree’s crown with no regard to nearby lateral stems destroys any healthy crown growth, stunting its development and inviting decline and potential death. Crown reduction improves the tree’s health and appearance in the present while also helping create the desired development of an integral part of your property’s landscape.
- When done correctly, crown reduction is a safe and healthy pruning approach that promotes faster healing and correct regrowth of limbs.
- This method shortens the height of a tree by selectively cutting limbs, trimming to the next lateral growth; cutting to the subsequent lateral growth is critical in helping to maintain the tree’s healthiest, most substantial frame.
- Trained arborists will know to remove no more than roughly twenty-five percent of a tree’s canopy at one time when reducing a tree’s crown. This eases the immediate impact on its system and structure.
- A critical benefit of crown reduction is the lessening of stress on trees from too-heavy branches; this reduces the chance of them breaking off in storms.
The ISA Certified Arborists at Vision Tree Service conduct expert, experienced crown reduction, giving you the confidence of knowing you made the right choice.
A Proper Crown Reduction by an ISA Certified Arborist
If a homeowner has elected to choose tree topping instead of crown reduction, the property’s overall landscape suffers greatly. When a tree has been topped, this results in a bare, unnatural appearance, greatly diminishing the beauty and character it brings to a home’s landscape. You’ve made the smart choice for your property in choosing Vision Tree Service to provide effective crown reduction services! We firmly believe that the goal of any tree service is to ensure the health, safety, and appearance of your home’s landscape.
Vision Tree Service Meets All of Your Tree Care Needs
At Vision Tree Service, we pride ourselves in delivering competitive pricing and first-rate service to homeowners located throughout Edmond, Arcadia, and the surrounding communities. Our passion is simple: a satisfied customer is and always will be our top priority! We proudly offer the services and support that get the job done on time and to the highest standards of excellence. Powered by cutting-edge equipment, advanced techniques, and exceptional personnel, our company delivers the premier tree service in the region.
Leaning on years of collective experience, the professionals at Vision Tree Services provide quality results across a wide variety of services. We offer a range of tree care services, from regular tree trimming, tree limb removal, tree fertilization, tree cabling and bracing, land clearing, nutrient services, intricate tree removal, tree debris removal, quick brush clearing, tree care services, complex stump grinding, storm cleanup, wood chipping, sick and dying trees and emergency tree services in Edmond, OK!
We encourage you to schedule a free crown reduction estimate with one of our ISA Certified Arborists to discuss our methods for correctly and safely reducing tree height. You’ll be glad you did!